Here is what my christmas gift was (to me and my sisters):
It all starts with this poem:
Roses are red, Violets are blue
I truly do love the 3 of you!
Tis the season of love and the season of caring.
This year I'm drawn to the season of sharing
Several years ago my mom gave me a ring
So sad but such a beautiful thing
I wore it with pride but always a reminder of the week she died
I do not wish that memory for the three of you
So I have divided the ring as best I could
And made each of the women in my life her own memory
Today while I'm happy and life is still fun I am sharing mom's ring
Such a beautiful thing
I really think mom would approve, since she loved you too
Wear them with pride and I'll be so glad to share,
almost like a big hug from mom and me around the three of you
One more thought before we all cry, Please try to keep
the stones in the family and future generations will share
the gift of love
That started with a gift to share.
What my mom gave us was a beautiful ring that has a stone from my grandmother's ring.... I think at that point, my sisters and I were in tears, and really didn't know what to say. I miss my grandmother so, and now have her even closer to me at all times.
This was such a touching and loving christmas.
2 comments:
So sweet, Heidi!
Thanks, I normally don't toot my own horn, but had to get my feelings out!
Post a Comment